Please read though the following information, terms, and conditions when booking and staying with us.
If you cancel your reservation within 7 days of the scheduled date of arrival then the full amount for the booking less tourist tax is due.
Guests failing to arrive, without notification, may be charged the total reservation price.
Cancellation by Us
Should it become necessary for us to cancel a booking we will contact you immediately. Any payments made will be refunded in full and we will do our best to find you alternative accommodation.
Arrival and Departure
Check in is available from 16:00 to 21:00 on the day of arrival. Check-in times outside of those specified must be confirmed with us prior to arrival.
We ask that you please vacate your room by 11:00 on the morning of departure.
- All rooms have a hair drier.
- All rooms are en suite or have an attached private bathroom
- A steam iron station is provided on the Mezzanine – please ask if you need help with the instructions.
- Food is not allowed in the bedrooms but is ok on the mezzanine where there is a fridge that can be used for chilling and freezing (small ice compartment).
Food and Drink
- The Mezzanine has a coffee and tea station as well as an “honesty bar” for beers and wines with a free first drink.
- Breakfast is continental with various breads, jams etc plus our in-house speciality: Birchemuesli. This is a combination of oats, milk, yoghurt, cream and mixed berries. It is very yummy.
- We also offer cooked items on request.
- Breakfast is available from 06:30 to 09:00 during the week and 07:30 to 09:30 at the weekend.
- We can provide a packed lunch or a take away breakfast for staying guests who are early starters.
- The garden is a work in progress but is already available for bbqs and general relaxation.
- We have two sit on top kayaks free for guests to use along with life jackets. The kayaks are launched from our garden.
- We have two folding bicycles free for guests who are staying with us to use and we can provide hats and safety vests.
- We host fishing parties in the garden and provide lunch and snacks in the cabin. Dinner may also be served in the garden for fishing parties.
For our online system, reservations are only confirmed when the confirm booking link is clicked in the reservation email sent to the guest.
Payment of the balance is due on the morning of departure and we accept the following charge, credit and debit cards; American Express, Debit MasterCard, Delta, Electron, JCB, Maestro, MasterCard, PIN Train, UK Maestro and Visa, as well as personal and business cheques drawn on a French bank. We also accept cash.
However, we reserve the right to request payment 7 days prior to arrival by credit card or direct bank transfer for larger reservations or for guests outside France.
Cars are parked here at owners risk and particular care should be taken as the parking area is in between a set of traffic lights. Please note that the red cross on the lights means you can proceed. We have no idea why it isn’t a green cross.
Change of Room
If a booking is taken out for a specific room and the room reserved is required to meet a specific guest needs or rendered unusable via circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to transfer the booking to an alternative room of similar quality.
Damage and Breakages
Please take care of our home. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur especially if you accidentally spill something – it’s much easier to clean if we know what it is and act quickly. We do not normally charge for breakages, but we reserve the right to charge for repair or replacement including missing items.
You have access to the building and your room 24 hours a day throughout your stay using a set of keys given to you when you register on arrival. You have full responsibility of these keys for the duration of your stay. Lost keys will be charged at €50 per set.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
We are happy to return items that have been left following departure with a minimum charge of €5 to cover postage and packaging.
Smoking is NOT permitted within any part of La Maison au Coin. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure.
La Maison au Coin reserve the right, at its discretion, to terminate, without notice, an individuals stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behaviour or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others. In such circumstances any outstanding account must be settled, no refunds will be made.